By Will Laidlaw
Read or Download Apache Over Libya PDF
Similar african history books
Within the Nineties a national crime wave overtook Côte d’Ivoire. The Ivoirian police didn't regulate the location, so a bunch of negative, politically marginalized, and as a rule Muslim males took at the position of the people’s protectors as a part of a flow they referred to as Benkadi. those males have been dozos—hunters expert in ritual sacrifice—and they utilized their searching and occult services, in addition to the moral ideas implicit in either types of wisdom, to the monitoring and taking pictures of thieves.
Uranium from Africa has lengthy been a big resource of gasoline for nuclear strength and atomic guns, together with the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. In 2003, after the notorious "yellow cake from Niger," Africa abruptly grew to become infamous as a resource of uranium, an element of nuclear guns. yet did that admit Niger, or any of Africa's different uranium-producing nations, to the choose society of nuclear states?
During this haunting chronicle of betrayal and abandonment, ostracism and exile, racism and humiliation, Vincent Crapanzano examines the tale of the Harkis, the region of one million Algerian auxiliary troops who fought for the French in Algeria’s struggle of independence. After tens of hundreds of thousands of Harkis have been massacred via different Algerians on the finish of the struggle, the survivors fled to France the place they have been put in camps, a few for so long as 16 years.
A reconstruction of the historical past and customs of the Gogo humans of Africa, established partially on oral histories, tribal legends and myths. This paintings was once first released in Swahili in 1954 and was once subsidized via the British Colonial executive in an try and advertise "tribal" cohesion.
- Bottleneck: Moving, Building, and Belonging in an African City
- Hannibal: The Military Biography of Rome's Greatest Enemy
- African Perspectives of King Dingane kaSenzangakhona: The Second Monarch of the Zulu Kingdom (African Histories and Modernities)
- French Colonial Fascism: The Extreme Right in Algeria, 1919-1939
- The Princeton Companion to Atlantic History
- Imposing Wilderness: Struggles over Livelihood and Nature Preservation in Africa (California Studies in Critical Human Geography)
Additional resources for Apache Over Libya
Apache Over Libya by Will Laidlaw